Monday, May 11, 2009



I don't post very often anymore, but I thought these pictures just say it all. I cannot believe that Noah has been home 4 months. For us, it feels like he has been with us forever.
I am amazed at how adaptable he has been and at how quick he is to learn and develop. He speaks a variety of words and loves reading books. He just loves music - particularly Marvin Gaye and Michael Jackson (ok, that is MY influence) and is quick to smile and hug. I mentioned that he came home without being able to crawl - well now, he is running! He also has his own personality and is certainly not shy about expressing his opinions, particularly when his brother tries to take his toys.
Many times, when I put him to bed at night and I look into his eyes, I do feel like he knew all along that he was coming to us. I believe he had a very long journey to us, as we know he travelled far even within Ethiopia. But, I get a sense that he is now at peace. There is just something very calm and wise about our dear Noah Manisa.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. We feel that way about Nataga too. We feel like he was MEANT to be with us our whole life and we love him so much. It was fun to read your post b/c I couldn't agree more!

    Looks like Noah has kept you busy and it looks like he is a lot of fun. His personality comes through in the pictures too! Your boys look so happy together!

    ReplyDelete