Saturday, March 7, 2009

Noah's First Two Months







Finally, it seems like we have beaten all the winter colds. My one wish right now is to not see any more runny noses or hear any coughs - and just start to feel that Spring has come.






So how is Noah doing?






We have been home for almost two months and he is doing better than I could even imagine. He started crawling after two days of being home, he stands easily and now is on his way to walking. He is opening every cabinet he can get his hands on and loves to be chased around the house. It's amazing how quickly kids can learn once they have the space and opportunity.






Noah has also started to stand up to his 3 year old brother. At first, he used to give in when toys were taken away from him, but no more. The boy has learned how to fight for his rights!






One of his favorite pastimes is eating. He is 14 months, but size 2T pants are too tight! He gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks and is pushing past 25 lbs. When he gets his favorite foods (anything with tomate sauce), he screams for joy and starts putting his hands in the air. It's actually pretty funny.






What strikes me the most about him (and what I love, love, love) is how loving he is. Noah just loves giving and receiving kisses and hugs and always seems to want more. He smiles and giggles all the time and when he sees me, he comes over and opens his mouth for a kiss. He kind of looks like he wants to eat you, but that is his kissing style. He also looks to me anytime he meets a new person, almost for reassurance that it is ok to speak with them.


Overall, I really believe he is happy to be home and he knows this is his home and his family. We adopted my first son when he was 4 months, so I did not know what to expect from a one year old in terms of adapting. But, I have to say, Noah just settled right in.






1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Noah is weigning over 25 lbs! I know your back must be relieved that he is on his way to walking! He is such a happy boy!

    I hope your week is running nose and cough free!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete