While in Ethiopia, we made many friends. One is named Hayleyesus and is a young man living in the older boys orphanage. He is the artist whose mural I posted earlier. We were so struck by his warmth, talent and intelligence, as well as his inner strength.
We email with him now and every time we receive an email, our mind goes back to Ethiopia. We will never forget this young man and we are hoping that one day, our paths will cross with him again. Here is one of his emails:
hi dear karen and david! how is ur life and job?
i was see ur house it is nice and cool.u know karen i always wish like ur home b\c i love snow and forest.
bytheway please say hi david.i love all of u and i am very miss u
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have been emailing with my new friend too. I think about him often. It is always good to hear from him (almost a relief) because he seems so far away. More so than Abebe did when he was in Ethiopia. It's surprising. I am glad you all have stayed in touch. I do hope you are in each other's company again.
ReplyDeleteRebecca
That is really neat. There are so many amazing people in ET. I hope you can spend time together again too. Are you thinking about adopting him?
ReplyDelete