We found out yesterday -with 9 days until our scheduled trip - that there is a document missing in our file in Ethiopia. It can only come directly from a government agency and we do not know yet whether they can (or will) do it in time. Without this document, we will have to postpone our trip.
It was an awfully stressful day, to say the least. We are doing all we can, but it is so out of our hands.
One thing I have learned about international adoption is that so much of it is out of your control. No matter how many lists you do; documents you complete; books you read; people you seek advice from - anything can go wrong. It's particularly tough for Type A personalities, like David and me, because we are so used to just finding solutions and getting things done. Uggh.
On the bright side, I do think the worst case scenario will be that our trip will be postponed. And, hopefully, we would be able to reschedule quickly (keeping positive thoughts going..). It just breaks my heart that Noah will be in an orphanage any longer than he needs to. But what can you do?
More later.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow talk about someone throwing a wrench in. That IS awful and stressful news- esp. when you are THIS close! I hope you get your documents back quicker than expected.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I agree with you. I hate how much adoption is out of my control- I am type A also and have had a hard time not being able to plan, organize, etc. the way I normally do!
If you would be willing to take a creeper/onsie I think I can get it there pretty quick. My email is chelseandavid@hotmail.com let me know! I know you need to focus on your paperwork right now so if not, I can wait to send it too! Good luck! One last thing to maybe give you hope- Our fingerprints were sent to Dallas instead of Houston and it had been FOREVER of a wait, however when they realized it they were able to get them done for us the day after they realized a mistake had been made! Maybe it will work out something like that. It wasn't even their mistake! They'll know the file is missing and will work to expedite it for you.
Sending good vibes. Geeeesshhhh - sigh and now more good vibes. Fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteamy
I wrote something but I don't think it posted so if you have two... sorry! Just checking in on you guys to see if you have got any updates or news now that everything has started back up, etc. Hoping to hear some good news!
ReplyDelete