Yeah! Today is one happy day. This morning, we got our approval for the US Embassy and we are going. I tell you, if we hadn't already decided on Noah's name, I might consider naming him after Senator Dodd's aide!
So we leave on Friday night, spend a night in Dubai and then on to Ethopia. If all goes well, by January 4th in the afternoon, we will have that adorable, wonderful Noah in our arms. It's such a strange feeling to be meeting your son for the first time. Even though we have adopted before, I still cannot fully explain it. One of my friends said it's like falling in love instantly.
We are also really excited to visit Africa, as this is our first time. While we are looking forward to seeing the beauty and learning more about the culture of Ethiopia, I am preparing myself to be overwhelmed by the poverty and by the children in need. While I have spent a lot of time in Honduras, which is considered one of the poorest countries on the Western Hemisphere, I have a feeling Ethiopia will be another experience entirely. Part of our trip includes visiting public orphanages, where children have no running water, no bathroom facilities and are in desperate need of basics, like shoes and underwear. We are packing as much as we can to bring to them, but we know it will never be enough.
Well, more later and Happy New Year to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, Yay! What a relief, right?!?
ReplyDeleteSafe travels! We will see you in a few days!
Rebecca
Hooray!!!!! What a relief and I'm so SO glad it worked out. Now you can go with peace and excited anticpation! YAY!!!! Can't wait to see you with your Noah in arms. Travel safely and enjoy every moment! M
ReplyDeleteYAHOOO!! What a relief! I was just catching up on all the blogs and was shocked to hear the stress you guys have been under. I AM SO HAPPY it all worked out!! Boy, nothing like a Christmas miracle, huh?! I can hardly wait to see photos of all of you together!! Have a safe trip!
ReplyDeleteHOoray...I am feeling so happy right now. Prepare to fall in love....beware, I will be pinching Mr. Noah's adorable cheeks as soon as he arrives in Madison. Safe travels..I can't wait to hear all about it. I will be thinking of you non-stop and look forward to playing with the Luke-monster while you are gone :).
ReplyDeleteAwesome! So glad to hear it worked out! Have a great trip. Glad all the worry is behind you and you have your son to look forward to meeting! I can't wait to hear about everything. Have a great new year, safe travel, and a lot of fun in Ethiopia.
ReplyDeleteOh, that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI completely understand how you felt as you were working on getting things taken care of. Think ~screaming headache~. We described it in our situation as "kind of like pushing jello."
We live in an AMAZING country, but I do wonder about our government agencies sometimes....
Oh, I am so glad to hear this! So thankful that you can travel without worrying about how things will work out. What a blessing. Enjoy your trip!
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip!
ReplyDeleteYou should be back in a few days I hope your having a great trip! :)
ReplyDelete